Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wordpress

So I have pretty much completed my website. It was a lot more difficult than I would have ever anticipated, but the audience I have received seems to be worth the headache. I still have a couple gaps that I need to iron out within the week that include shuffling around the tabs. I wanted to post video, or audio interviews that I have collected while researching numerous historical events but was saddened to hear that this would be almost impossible. Since the research was done through much of Ferris and its resources, I would need to obtain permission from the University, AND permission through each person interviewed. Posting something like this on a website is a very touchy thing for most veterans. Most are not proud of some of the things they have done, and many have told very few people.

One person that I had interviewed broke down in tears, and I had to stop the recording. It was related to what we would consider "war time heroics", but what he would consider a duty. It always amazes me when seeing and hearing veterans speak about their peers. The comrodary built in the military may not surpass anything else. As always, "hat's off to them".

No comments:

Post a Comment