Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Website to come!!!

For my English 417 project I intend on creating a Website that caters to both the class, as well as my major (History). Much of the idea actually came to me when posting my first blog, and wanting to talk about history to somebody, anybody, that would listen.

Its going to be basic, with the emphasis on a topic board including a new subject on a bi-weekly basis. Users will be able to sign in, so they can be recognized. I intend on gathering a large group of people including undergraduate students at Ferris State University as well as faculty members and some graduate students I know. Each topic will be able to be discussed in depth, and I'd like to have something like a "drop-box" of topic ideas for the following weeks discussion. Everything is still in the planning stages right now. I hope to have it running in no more than another week or two.

-Luke!

3 comments:

  1. Will you make it possible to post links and videos? I think that could really be essential. I think you might want to do a video or two of your own. Showing your own personality, explaining what you hope to achieve in a 45-second clip or so, could be really helpful for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of this, Luke. I am interested in history as well. I'm not a major like you are, but I am a poly sci minor which is sort of in the same realm as history, and I plan on going to grad school for international affairs or history. Keep us updated here about the discussion board because I would definitely like to take part. What type of topics are you thinking of including in this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also considering Grad School, and have just begun looking into some programs.

    The types of topics I intend on discussing may range anywhere from:

    1) "Had Hitler played a lesser role in the military decision making, would the Nazi's have prevailed during WWII?"

    or

    2) "Why do Americans celebrate Columbus day when Columbus himself never set foot on North American soil. Who should we honor in his place, and why?"

    ReplyDelete